Monday 16 May 2011

Adios Argentina

Ok, well, today is the end of the GSE experience in the Province of Buenos Aires 2011. 

My family has been super amazing again. Carlos got up and went to work at 4.30am just so he could leave early and see me before I go. I find that incredible and so sweet. My tin of 50 bags of Traditional English Tea doesn`t quite seem to match that generosity. 

Canuelas (yes, I have finally learned how to spell it properly) has been a great way to end the trip. We have seen a game of Polo, had an enjoyable late night meeting where our presentation started at 12.30am and then we had a demonstration of Tango and Carlos started playing traditional folk music on his guitar. We stumbled home near 4am! What else did we do?... We went to Buenos Aires where Dave and Sara went to the Boca vs River game - apparently it`s some kind of big deal in Argentina? ; ) Jerusha and I went to San Telmo and explored the markets, which we both really enjoyed. Lunch was fantastic because Dave and Sara were made to perform Tango in front of the lunch crowds. Very funny!

I`m now all packed and ready to go, just waiting to be collected. The trip has had its highs and lows, but i think it has been good overall. We have learned a lot about the Argentinian culture, met some wonderful people and hopefully made new friends. I would like to say my spanish has improved, but unfortunately that would be a lie. But I would also like to say thank you to everyone who has logged on to our blog to check out what we`ve been up to in Argentina. I know everyone has very busy lives so thank you for taking the time!
Right home time - although I have somehow lost my house keys. Anyone got a spare room?!

Ciao amigos
Zara

1 comment:

  1. It is so great that you got to see a polo game! Argentina has become the polo capital of the world. The highest handicap players in the world are from Argentina and spend their months of August through November competing in the national tournaments. In fact, the Argentine Polo League is the most competitive league in the world and hosts various international tournaments throughout the year. When I travelled there, I was staying in one of those Buenos Aires apartments near Canuelas too, and I watched several games!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete