Saturday 7 May 2011

Oops

Hola, Buenos dias. Slight bad start to the day. My alarm didn´t go off, so i checked my phone at 10.15 when i should have been up at 08.30am! Serves me right for not getting up when i heard everyone else moving around! I just assumed they were up ridiculously early. Oh well. I have missed the possibibility to ride our host families horse, but i can live with that. In stead, I had a nice read, charged my ipod and caught up on my emails, so not completely wasted. Except i am hungry and dying for a coffee. I don´t function without caffeine.

So we are now in Mercedes. It´s been an up and down week, with Sam flying home. We´re sorry to lose her, but had a great trip whilst she was with us. Hopefully we´ll see her soon. The main reason for being in Mercedes is to attend the district conference, where we will be giving a presentation on Sunday morning. We will be updating the powerpoint later this afternoon, so not at all last minute. We hadve a formal lunch today and then a bus tour of the city. It´s actually starting to warm up a bit, so maybe we won´t need the jumpers today!

Last night, we went to the opening of the conference. It was interesting as nearly the only word i understood was cena - dinner! The dnner was great.  They forgot the vegetarians and had made a ham puree spinach pancake. Once they discovered vegetarians, they attempted a claim that we could remove the ham from the panake. This wouldn´t really work as we would just be left with a miniscule green pancake. Interesting. They then relented and gave us the vegetaables from the meat main course which was potato gratin and mashed squash. Foruntately we´d had a nice big lunch. We had entertainment in the form of a siging duo. I really enjoyed it, but i don´t think it was to the taste of all the group. There were then three songs where everyone was on the floor dancing, so i promptly hid in the bathrooms until it was over. There´s only so much time you can spend there without looking strange - i´m not quite sure i pulled it toff!

Anyhow, I better go and get ready for lunch. Fingers crossed for coffee.

Asta luego
Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment