Friday 13 May 2011

Home stretch

Ok, we are now in our final town having travelled from Chivilcoy to Canuellas this morning. I really enjoyed Chivilcoy and loved the house I was staying in. I know I always say that, but it is true that every family makes you feel so welcome and part of them, that it is difficult not to enjoy it (Plus Cecelia threatened me if I said bad things- violent woman ; P)

My cold is back with avengence. I blame the run earlier in the week. No good thing comes from exercise! Ever! 

We arrive in Canuelas and it looks lovely. Much smaller than Chvilcoy. We are only here until Monday, when Jerusha and I begin the long journey home. The afternoon, I took a siesta and it started raining. Every time we are promised to watch polo, it rains the day before so the game gets cancelled. It`s crazy to be here for a month and not see a game. However, we might be lucky enough to see a practice session, but only if it stops raining sometime soon.

I`ve decided not to go to a school to talk tonight. They were excited to hear from native english people, but with my cold, I hardly fit the bill! Plus i`m missing the dinner out, instead eating in with my family and having a nice early night. I want to be well for tomorrow because in the morning we plan to return to Lobos to see a horse therapy centre for disabled children in action. This is mainly due to Sara, who helps in this field, but it should be really interesting. Then we have the practice polo session and by the evening we will be giving our presentation to the Canuellas Rotary club.

For ages, i didn`t think i was getting anything out of this, but now that we are near the end, i do believe that my presentations are improving and my improvising/spontaneity is getting better. I hope other people think that too. Whilst i do feel that i am like this because i`m so tired and sick i don`t care so much anymore, i hope it is something i can keep going when i return to England. 
Anyway, i might have a lie down after my very tiring siesta.
Ciao
Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment