Wednesday 4 May 2011

casi tres semanas

Nearly three weeks in and there are signs that we may be flagging a little. Sara has an interminable cough, Jerusha and I have colds, Sam`s bordering on a cold and well Dave is just Dave : ) 

We`ve been famous this week. Yesterday we had a press conference with radio, television and newspapers and this morning we had another radio show. It`s very strange, but fortunately, the questions are slightly easier than the ones we faced last week at General Rodriguez. I can cope with questions like are you missing home - simple, not really! 

I went to a lab yesterday, which is run by this weeks foster father. He is a biochemist and runs a lab for a private hospital. I saw the testing of blood and urine samples. Again, I can`t believe how small the lab was and once again most of the testing is manual. I saw someone get pregnant - well not quite, I saw the pregnancy test stick change to positive ; ) and i also saw blood type testing, which whilst being really simple, i quite enjoyed. I think the regulations must be quite different though. I loved the champagne and grapes being in the fridge with the samples and pre-made media! 

There`s not too much else to report on. It`s our last night in Lobos tonight, so it`s a family dinner. Tomorrow, we are moving on to Mercedes where we will be delivering a presentation at the province of Buenos Aires district conference. We have finally been promised a day off though, so this friday i am really hoping for a lie in! I`m so completely shattered and feel rotten! We were outside today and my nose is so sore the wind was hurting it! 

On a side note - I now retract that the puppy is the cutest dog in the world. It has taken to trying to eat my feet and tear my trousers. Cats are so much more refined!

Hasta luego
Zara

No comments:

Post a Comment